Valentine’s Day is only two days away! If you haven’t snagged a reservation at your favorite restaurant yet, chances are you’re out of luck. And with frigid weather expected to hit New York City this weekend, let’s be honest, you and your Valentine probably won’t wanna leave home anyway.
For most people, Valentine’s Day at home means cooking dinner for your significant other. Though we worked with Eat In Chef to teach you how to Master the Kitchen last month, we wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t feel ready to impress your loved one with your cooking skills yet. If you’re stuck at home and have yet to master the kitchen, don’t worry, you still have options beyond “Netflix and chill”.
This Valentine’s Day, Eat In Chef invited their chefs to create special meals for you to share with your special someone. Whether you’re looking for a classic, elegant dinner or a more playful, chocolate-themed meal, there are plenty of ways to make this Valentine’s Day one to remember. By the way, book your chef by tomorrow and Eat In Chef will give you $10 off your next booking!
And now, onto the featured menus:
Do you ever find yourself reminiscing about that romantic tropical vacation you took with your significant other? Chef Kurell’s Caribbean-inspired Valentine’s Day menus will take you (or at least your taste buds) right back to the islands!
- Plantain salad: Sweet plantains cooked with aromatics and tossed with sweet peppers and red onions on a bed of mixed salad greens.
- Braised ribs w/ cornmeal porridge: Braised until tender and falling off the bone, these ribs are to die for. Herbs, spices, and cornmeal porridge make up the Caribbean’s version of polenta.
- Mango avocado salad: Spinach, juicy mangoes, soft, ripe avocados, and red onion.
- Curry chicken w/ basmati rice: Chicken cooked in spicy curry, made Trinidadian-style with potatoes. This is full of flavor and depth, so it’s served simply with a beautiful white basmati rice.
Chef Krystyna’s Chocolate-Themed Valentine’s Dinner
When a heart-shaped box of chocolates just isn’t enough to show how much you care, treat your Valentine to a dinner featuring chocolate from start to finish!
- Individual meat & cheese boards: Fontina, Manchego, smoked mozzarella (made by the Chef herself!), Gouda, apples, and chocolate-dipped smoked bacon.
- Dr. Pepper & chocolate-braised beef, Dr. Pepper jus w/ crispy spicy potato hash and sautéed spinach with roasted garlic.
- Double chocolate truffle tart w/ pretzel crust and espresso glaze
Chef Elena’s Valentine’s Day Feast
For a more classic take on Valentine’s Day dinner, Chef Elena has you covered.
- Winter green & citrus salad: Swiss chard, escarole, radicchio, blood orange, grapefruit
- Wild mushroom & duck confit risotto topped w/ creme fraiche and mushroom pate
- Apple roses: Puff pastry & apples shaped into a beautiful rose
About Eat In Chef
Eat In Chef is a NYC-based personal chef startup building lasting relationships and memories for its chefs and food-lovers alike. Whether for a casual dinner after a long day at work, date night, or wanting a nutritional makeover, Eat In Chef gives food-lovers full access to professional chefs from any electronic device, for any occasion. Their hand-selected chefs will receive your request, pick up fresh ingredients, and cook an unforgettable meal in your kitchen.
For more info about Eat In Chef, visit their website at eatinchef.com
*Content provided by Eat in Chef for Gents Among Men