It’s the end of October, which means it’s time for some guts, gore, and potential topless scenes in scary movies. Sometimes the crowds and house parties are a bit stressful, so why not cuddle up with someone in the dark over a bottle of blood-red wine and watch a few “scary” movies on your favorite steaming service. I teamed up with Apothic Dark wines to recommend a few scary flicks for Halloween.
- Children of the Corn – A bunch of kids in a cult start killing everyone over 18 in their small town.
- A Nightmare on Elm’s Street – Don’t go to sleep because a burned, fedora-wearing man with a vintage sweater with kill you in your dreams.
- Hellraiser – After losing his body to demons, a sexually deviant man opens a portal to hell when he tampers with a box he bought while abroad and quickly recognizes a pinhead man has plans for us all.
- Dead Silence – Love those vintage dolls your grandmother has around the house? Well this movie will make you want to burn them all.
- Vampire in Brooklyn – Before dressing up in fat suits, Eddie Murphy came out with this horror movie about a suave, charismatic vampire who you wouldn’t mind biting the sh*t out of you.
This special edition Apothic Dark comes from the Californian wine company, Apothic. This is a seasonal release just in time for Halloween. Intense in chocolate, blueberry, blackberry, and cedar, this wine has a powerful aroma and spicy taste. The blackberry, blueberry, plum and chocolate flavors gives the wine an enjoyable fruity velvety aftertaste. It is a fun and easy going wine for those spooky occasions like the holiday ahead.
Robert ‘Max’ Twitty
Disclosure: This wine was received as a sample