This Sunday (8/21) is the closing ceremony for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games! With all the festivities coming to an end, I decided to team up with some of my favorite spirit brands: Hendricks Gin, Flor de Caña Rum, Knob Creek and Basil Hayden’s to create some perfect Olympic-inspired cocktails to toast in celebration of your favorite athlete’s wins and the closing ceremonies.
The Finish Line GimletCreated by Hendrick’s Gin Ambassador Mark StoddardIngredients:
- 1.5 parts hendrick’s
- 0.75 parts Ancho Reyes
- 0.75 parts fresh lime juice
- 0.75 parts simple syrup
- 1 slice jalapeno (muddled)
- 1 slice cucumber (muddled)
- In a mixing glass, muddle jalapeno and add remaining ingredients with ice.
- Shake and strain into an iced double rocks glass.
- Garnish with cucumber wheel & jalapeno wheel.
The Opening CeremonyCreated by Flor de Caña RumIngredients:
- 2 parts Flor de Caña 7
- ¾ parts lime juice
- ½ part simple syrup
- Shake & strain into a martini glass.
- 1 ½ Parts Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey
- Ginger Beer
- ½ Part Lemon Juice
- ¼ Part Green Chartreuse
- 6-8 Mint Leaves
- Combine all ingredients (except ginger beer) in a bar tin with ice and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled Collins glass, top off with ginger beer and garnish with a single mint leaf.
- 2 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
- 1/4 part Banana Liqueur
- 1 tsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 dash of Aromatic Bitters
- 8-10 Mint Leaves
- Banana Chip (for garnish)
- Muddle 8-10 mint leaves, dash of bitters and brown sugar in a double rocks glass.
- Add Basil Hayden’s and banana liqueur and stir gently.
- Fill the cup to the rim with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and banana chip.