All year many of us looked forward towards summer and while we finally received what we’ve been asking for, some days the heat is a tad bit unbearable. Sure you can skip work and sit in front of the AC all day, but that’s not always an option for the most of us. With the daily grind to attend to we always want to look our best, so we put together a few ways to maintain your cool in both a physical and mental way.
Before you start dressing cool, your physical appearance has to be on point. Proper skincare is essential for maintaining your “cool” look. Here are some skincare staples to have handy:
- Origins Clear Improvements makes a spearmint and rosemary scented body wash that helps awaken your senses while Bamboo Charcoal goes to work deep into your skin to draw out pore-cloggers and remove dirt and debris. Allowing your skin to feel healthy and fresh at the beginning of your day.
- Keeping a light-lathering deep pore skin cleanser in the morning is wise. Orogold’s Deep Pore cleanser lathers away daily residue and oil leaving skin soft and supple. It leaves the complexion clean, clear, and refreshed by using a blend of Vitamins that are designed to moisturize, nourish and revitalize your skin.
- With damaged skin you need something to help repair it, the futuristic minds of Lab Series created the Future Age Rescue Serum as a first line of defense for your face. Future Age Rescue Serum is an ultra-potent, concentrated level of visible repair and rejuvenation that quickly absorbs into the skin without weighing it down to enhance his skincare routine.
- Top off your facial serum with a great moisturizer and SPF. Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturizer contains potent antioxidants and vitamins, and offers UVA/UVB protection to help shield from aging caused by sun.
- Style plays a good factor in keeping cool. Embrace cool fabrics like: cotton, linen, cotton and linen blends. I try to avoid wearing denim during the summer. Denim isn’t as lightweight as a pair of cotton chinos, shorts or linen pants. So when it comes down to keeping cool remember less fabric, less sweat.
- A light weight cardigan or unlined cotton suit does come in handy during those chilly nights in the summer. The cardigan can be worn over a polo, t-shirt and shorts, while a cotton-linen suit from OwnOnly.com can dress up your business lunch look. Both are summer staples, and when worn correctly people will respect your sartorial literacy.
If you really want to be cool during the summer, clothes and grooming products will only do so much, you will need a place to escape for an hour in order to really “cool” off. Breather is a startup company with various locations within different cities that offer customers the opportunity to hold meetings, brainstorming ideas or just relax for an hour or more. The stylish spaces all carry a different vibe and can hold up to 10-20+ people at a specific location. Stress and the heat can kill you so why escape your daily grind and take a “Breather.”
J. Alex Sanchez // @Zander_x
55 W 19th Street, 3rd Floor, Room 3
New York City