August 25, 2016, marks Whiskey Sour Day, and as the day quickly approaches, we have some delicious twists on this classic cocktail from Basil Hayden’s and Baker’s Bourbon to help you celebrate.
Basil Hayden’s is a smooth and spicy bourbon with a high rye content that blends perfectly with the sweet vermouth and tonic syrup found in the Basil Hayden’s® Summer Sour. The result is a flavor that’s both sweet and sour. Easy to make and delicious to drink, this cocktail is ideal to shake up for friends and family. Enjoy it in an ice-filled rocks glass for a cool cocktail in honor of Whiskey Sour Day!
Basil Hayden’s® Summer Sour
By San Francisco Mixologist Matt Grippo
- 1 ½ parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- ½ part Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¾ part Sweet Vermouth
- ¼ part Tonic Syrup
- 2 dashes of Angostura® Bitters
- Orange Twist (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously for ten seconds.
- Strain into an ice-filled rockS glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Baker’s® Sip & Sour
By New York Mixologist Pamela Wiznitzer
- 1 3⁄4 parts Baker’s® Bourbon
- 1⁄2 part Amaro Averna
3⁄4 part Cola Syrup•
- 6 dashes Angostura® Bitters
- 3⁄4 part Fresh
- Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg White
- Combine Baker’s® Bourbon, Amaro Averna, Cola Syrup, 3 dashes Angostura® Bitters, fresh lemon juice and the egg white in a shaker without ice and shake vigorously.
- Once shaken, add ice and shake vigorously once more.
- Strain over fresh ice inside a lowball glass and garnish with a lemon peel and three dashes of Angostura® Bitters.
*Cola Syrup Recipe
- 1 can or bottle of craft cola
- Pour one can or bottle of craft cola into a pan and heat on low.
- Allow to simmer and reduce for 10 minutes until it attains a syrup consistency.
- Remove and allow to cool.
Knob Creek® Citrus Sour
By Celebrity Chef Michael Symon
- 1 ½ parts Knob Creek® Bourbon
- ½ part Lemon Juice
- ½ part Simple Syrup
- 2 parts Orangina® Soda
- 5 sprigs Thyme
- 1 Egg White
- Muddle thyme and simple syrup thoroughly in the bottom of the shaker.
- Combine with lemon juice, bourbon and egg white.
- Add ice and shake vigorously for one minute.
- Strain over ice and float with Orangina soda.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of thyme.
*This was a sponsored post in collaboration with Basil Hayden’s and Baker’s Bourbon